First we think it is only fair to introduce you to some of the stars of Apple Fest: Gala, Pink Lady, Piñata, SweeTango, and of course Granny Smith.
More than these well loved characters, we also have hard-to-find heirloom varieties from the Northeast, Midwest, and Washington. Ranging from sharp to fruity in flavor, and from green to deep purple in color, our heirloom apples are just ripe for snacks, tarts, pies, salads, sauces, and more. There are also sweet and savory treats throughout the entire store. Here are just a few of our favorites.
- Ready to be the star of your breakfast Morning Sunshine Apple Muffins will brighten your morning. These buttermilk muffins are full of diced apples, shredded carrots, coconut, raisins, pineapple, and walnuts.
- Smoked Gouda and Apple Quiche is your new French favorite. Handmade by our chefs with sautéed apples and leeks, Gouda cheese, and fresh chives.
- Fresh blue crab meat, apples, fennel, onion, and celery make up the Green Apple Crab Cakes. They’re moist, delicious, and have just a subtle sweetness. Try them baked or pan-cooked.
- Chef Crafted Salads with Apples, our chefs have created three delicious, healthy-mixes of greens and peak-of-season apples. Try Fruit, Brie, and Walnut, Apple, Walnut, and Coastal Cheddar, or Almond, Apple, and Cheddar Salad with Green Goddess Dressing.
- Apple Stuffed Pork Chops start with our juicy, all-natural pork, and are then stuffed with flavors like Apple-Cranberry-Pecan, Apple, Sage, Sausage Stuffing, and Bavarian Apple with Sauerkraut.
- A fan favorite we debuted last year Apple Fritter Bread is a sweet loaf of soft and tender dough filled with chopped Northern Spy apples and drizzled with icing. Afternoon pick me up, anyone?
This is also the perfect time to tap into Cider, as we just put all of our ciders and beers on sale. So grab something new and save 20% off your cider or beer purchase of $25 or more.
If you are more of a DIY cook, then don’t miss a chance to stop by the Cooking School and get to the core of cooking with apples in classes taught by our chefs and other local chefs.
It’s going to be a sweet two weeks and the perfect way to welcome fall.