To get the week off to a great start we will be hosting a Sip and Stroll at the following stores:
Dallas Preston Royal on Thursday, July 6th, from 5:00-7:00pm
San Antonio on Thursday, July 6th, from 5:00-7:00pm
Austin Westgate on Friday, July 7th, from 5:00-7:00pm
If you can’t make the Stroll there are some great dinners in the Cooking School or you can sip and sample from one of the demos happening all week in store, it is the perfect time to chat with some of the winemakers themselves including:
Jenn Walsh, La Crema Winery, appellation series
Katie Povah, Cambria
Stephanie Riven, Le Tremble and Tiny Pink Bubbles
Lauren Wheeler, Penner Ash
Molly Battenhouse, Matanzas Creek, Gran Moraine, Fortress
Katy Organ, Chateau Ste Michelle
Rachel Martin, Boxwood Winery
Tara Empson, Lagaria and Shardana
Katie Carter, Lyeth Wines
Alessandra Canella, Canella Prosecco
Angela Bortoluzzi, Bortoluzzi
These ladies know there stuff and love their wines, so don’t miss them.
Lastly, if you are up for a few suggestions, here is a list of our very favorite summer wines, perfect for patios and hot Texas nights:
· La Galope Rosé – This is a soft wine that has plenty of red-berry fruits, bright acidity and a light fruity texture. It is dry although the softness gives it an hint sweetness. You are going to want to drink a glass now.
· Cambria 2016 Santa Maria Valley Rosé of Pinot Noir – Ripe red fruit characters dominate the aroma and flavor profiles. Fresh strawberry, watermelon, and raspberry flavors are accented with a nice silky mouth feel and a crisp and lively finish.
· Bollicini Sparkling – Slightly sweet, Prosecco-style sparkling from Italy that is perfect poolside in it’s individual can. Available in Brut and Rosé.
· Château Biac, B de Biac – Fruity and fresh, it is a good companion for relaxed encounters. B de Biac blend stems from the same plots as the namesake Château Biac, but ready for drinking now.
· La Crema Arroyo Seco 2012 Pinot Noir – The nose is rich with dark spice, earthy notes, coffee bean and blackberry. An elegant Pinot Noir with all the hallmarks of the Arroyo Seco appellation. Perfect for lighter meats like veal, pork and poultry, plus heavier seafood like salmon.
· Penner-Ash 2014 Oregon Viognier – Creamy texture with green pear-skin, honeydew melon, tart peach and exotic spice on the palate. Summer fruits along with fresh honeysuckle extend to a crisp finish.
· Gran Moraine 2014 Yamhill-Carlton Oregon Pinot Noir – Pretty aromas of strawberry and raspberry fruit push those flavors forward, with supporting acidity. A light vein of pine needle and herb underscores the tart fruit. It’s all in sync with lovely definition.
· Fortress Cabernet – A bold, yet strikingly elegant, Cabernet Sauvignon with dark fruit and hints of spice, Fortress’ dynamic palate makes it a perfect pairing for grilled meats, such as American Kobe beef, or to be enjoyed by itself while relaxing with friends and family.