Now if you * don’t * feel like baking, just swing by the Central Market Bakery and pick up Chocolate Cherry Cashew or Chocolate Chip cookies (pictured). I tried to just eat half of the Chocolate Cherry Cashew and happily failed miserably. The cherry chunks are huge and amazing.If you’re already grabbing your apron and ready to bake, here’s what you need to gather up:
- 1/4 cup Central Market Organics unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar (packed)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled, plus more for pan
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (not Dutch processed)
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped favorite dark chocolate
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped milk chocolate
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans (optional, but totally recommended)
And then this is what you do with it all:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large bowl, mash together the butter and sugars with a fork until mixed well.
Add the oil and egg and beat until creamy.
Mix in the vanilla.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the flours, cocoa powder, and salt.
Add the dry ingredients and mix well.
Stir in the dark chocolate, milk chocolate, and the pecans and mix well.
Using a tablespoon, scoop the batter onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake for 12 minutes.
Transfer cookies to a rack to cool.
Stuff them in your face.