Highly Anticipated Opening Brings New Offerings and Familiar Serviceto Preston Hollow
DALLAS – When Central Market opens the doors to the brand-new Central Market at the intersection of Preston Road and Royal Lane on February 15, customers can expect a familiar shopping experience, inspiring flavors, and the world-famous variety of offerings that has made the concept so popular. The most surprising thing, however, may be that it’s all in about half the space of a traditional Central Market.
It’s the ninth store for the chain, making its home in roughly 30,000 square feet in what was previously a Borders Bookstore location at Preston and Royal.
“Our team has spent months traveling to New York City, a place with great grocery stores built into smaller square footage, to study the most innovative delis and grocery concepts to learn how to pack the most flavor into every square foot,” said Stephen Butt, Senior Vice President for Central Market, a division of H-E-B. “We’ll have everything our customers have come to love about Central Market, plus some new favorites like house-made bialys and noodle kugel.”
“We’ve worked hard to come up with some exciting new innovations while delivering the shopping experience that exceeds customers’ expectations of one of our stores,” said David Lusk, Chief Merchant.
Some of the innovations and offerings that customers can look forward to when the store opens Wednesday, February 15 at 8 a.m. include:
- A new selection of New York Deli-style dishes and baked goods
- Artisan, on-site bakery will feature traditional “boiled then baked” bagels and new bialys
- New York City based Charlito’s Cocina artisan salumi
- Full-service custom sandwich bar with a “Build Your Own” sandwich option as well as a menu of chef-created sandwiches. (The “Preston Royal Reuben” is recommended!)
- Pure, raw fruit and vegetable juices squeezed throughout the day in Produce.
- Bagging and carry-out service at checkout for a speedier shopping trip.
- More than 400 cheeses, each hand-cut to order by a cheese expert. As always, customers can try a sample first.
- In-house roasted whole cuts of meat for superior, tasty deli meats – sliced to order!
- Freshest, best-tasting produce with seasonal and local offerings rotating through the assortment.
- Professional meat cutters and fish mongers in the Market will help you fillet tenderloin or a King salmon. Shop peak-of-season fish, flown straight to Texas up to six times per week.
- All-natural, organic, and conventional items all under one roof.
- Store open 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. – but the coffee bar will make your favorite drink starting at 7 a.m.! A seating area indoors can accommodate up to 50 guests at once.
- On-site catering team and full service floral department. Each delivers!
The store will host a special ribbon-cutting and sneak preview with Dallas Mayor Mike Rawlings at 10 a.m. on Tuesday, February 14.
ABOUT CENTRAL MARKET
Central Market’s serpentine-flow, full-view European-style layout created a completely new food shopping experience – never before offered with such entertainment and excitement. A bountiful produce department with unmatched quality and variety, a vast seafood case with selections flown in daily from throughout the world, hundreds of cheeses, 2,500 wine labels, and stupendous specialty grocery aisles with delights from every continent are among the exclusive features that make the Central Market experience unique. For more information, visit www.centralmarket.com or like us on Facebook.
MEDIA: Michelle Chism