- 3 large tomatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 2 tsp chives chopped
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1/4 cup fresh bread crumbs
- Halve tomatoes crosswise; score cut sides.
- Brush cut side of each with olive oil. Heat a grill or skillet.
- Combine cheese, chives, milk and bread crumbs in a small bowl.
- Place tomatoes cut side down on hot grill or skillet. Cook about 2 minutes. Turn tomatoes cut side up.
- Spoon cheese mixture equally on top of each. Cook one or two minutes. Serve warm.
Make sure you pick firm tomatoes. They will grill better and hold up over the heat.