- 2 avocados firm
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups Panko breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare the breading assembly line: Prepare the ingredients for the breaded coating in 3 separate wide, shallow bowls. Whisk the flour, salt, and pepper in the first bowl, beat the eggs with a tablespoon of water in the second bowl, and place the breadcrumbs in the third bowl. Arrange the bowls in an assembly line: flour mixture, eggs, then breadcrumbs. Place a baking sheet next to the bowl of breadcrumbs.
- Slice avocados, cutting from the stem end to the base. Remove and discard the pits. Cut each half into 6 (1/2-inch-wide) slices, and remove and discard the skin.
- Working with 1 avocado slice at a time, coat in flour, then egg, and finally breadcrumbs. Make sure it is fully covered and well-coated, shaking off any excess.
- Place the breaded avocado slice on the baking sheet. Repeat the process with all the slices, spacing them about 1-inch apart on the baking sheet.
- Spray the avocado fries with cooking spray.
- Place in oven and bake until the fries are golden-brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove the baking sheet from the oven halfway through cooking and flip each avocado fry over with a flat spatula or tongs to ensure it cooks and browns evenly.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and let cool 2 to 3 minutes before serving.
Leftover fries can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in a 300°F until warmed through.